The Business Centre’s mission is to provide support to start-up and small enterprises during their first through fifth years of operation in Nipissing and Parry Sound by offering easy access to business consulting services and information concerning market research, business planning, management, marketing, technology and financing.
The office assists in the start-up of new and the expansion of existing businesses. Services include:
- One-on-one consultations
- Review of business plans
- Assistance with market research
- Provision of relevant and timely business information
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Internet and computer access for business research & planning
- Professional advisor referrals
- Import and export information
- Youth programming
FedNor is the Government of Canada’s economic development organization for Northern Ontario. Through its programs and services, and through its financial support of projects that lead to job creation and economic growth, FedNor works with businesses and community partners to build a stronger Northern Ontario.
Small Business Loans: FedNor supports a network of 24 Community Futures Development Corporations (CFDCs) in Northern Ontario. These local, not-for-profit organizations provide business financing, as well as business planning and other services. For the Parry Sound District, the organizations are:
Parry Sound Area CBDC – https://cbdc.parrysound.on.ca
Muskoka CFDC – https://www.muskokafutures.ca
NECO CFDC – https://neco.on.ca
Youth Internship Program: Targets businesses that are interested in hiring a recent graduate (persons under 30 years of age) for eligible roles under the Northern Ontario Development Program or Economic Development Initiative guidelines. Funding of up to $31 500 is available to a maximum of a 50% contribution (for businesses) and 90% contribution for not for profit organizations.
Community Futures Program (CFP)
Encouraging the growth of small and medium-sized businesses via a network of 24 Community Futures Development Corporations spread out across the region.
Economic Development Initiative (EDI)
Enhancing the economic viability of the region’s Francophone communities through support for innovation, economic diversification and business growth initiatives.
Innovative Initiatives Ontario North (IION) is a Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) and a member of the Ontario Network of Entrepreneurs (ONE); a network of strategic regional and provincial partners that deliver programs and services to help entrepreneurs and established businesses grow and succeed.
- Business advisory and mentoring services
- In-house funding opportunities targeted to help businesses grow and innovate
- Direction and guidance on gaining public and private capital investment, including connections to angel investor networks
- Access to market intelligence
- Connections to sector, financial and legal experts.
The iRAPID program assists innovative Small to Medium Sized Enterprises with up to $10,000 towards research and development projects during the pre-commercialization stage.
The SFEP’s goal is to enhance innovation and commercialization for Small to Medium Sized Enterprises with up to $10,000 in assistance for sales and marketing, product development or business enhancements. Emphasis will be placed on companies who identify business growth opportunities and are looking to reach new markets and expand sales.
The Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation offers assistance to businesses and organizations through the delivery of several support streams and programs. These programs are delivered under the strategic direction of the Northern Ontario Growth Plan. Make sure to review the Growth Plan for a list of priority sectors for investment to see if your project could qualify.
NECO is a Community Futures Development Corporation, funded by Fednor/Industry Canada and is managed by a volunteer board of directors. NECO has been helping small business in the East Nipissing and East Parry Sound region since 1987 and has invested more than $17 million in small business loans and community projects over this period.
NECO is a regional economic development organization, which invests in, and nurtures small business, and develops partnerships with private and public sectors to create and maintain jobs in our communities.
The Parry Sound Muskoka Community Network mission is to create economic value by building information and communication technology (ICT) capacity through community partnerships. PNCM is provided with 3-year operational funding from FedNor to promote the adoption of digital and e-business applications throughout the region. Over the last eight years we have invested $1.35 million in the form grants to help more than 500 business owners take their ideas and ambitions further.
The primary functions of BSN are to facilitate the enhancement of broadband access to unserved/underserved areas, develop and implement ICT applications, and to offer training, education, and awareness of technologies to surrounding communities.
Blue Sky Net, through BTIF, is committed to helping small-to-medium-sized businesses in the Blue Sky Net region within Northeastern Ontario who are looking to enhance their capacity for business technology and their ability for technology adoption.
- Assistance and consultation throughout the application process
- Access to training to prepare for E-business applications
- A list of Northern Ontario vendors to select from
- Through BTIF, businesses could be eligible to receive up to a maximum of $5,000.00 to adopt broadband and e-business and marketing solutions, including websites, and up to $25,000.00 to acquire digital technology such as software and in each scenario would be required to contribute a minimum 50% toward the project.
BROADBAND & ASSOCIATED INFRASTRUCTURE MAPPING ANALYSIS PROJECT (BAIMAP)
BAIMAP is a GIS application developed by Blue Sky Net which has access to broadband infrastructure data for Northern Ontario down to the property parcel level.
Our Mission is to provide information, referral, and support to assist women in working toward their economic goals.
- To promote women’s access to resources and opportunities
- To promote and celebrate women’s successes
- To support women in becoming economically independent through creating sustainable livelihoods.
- To assist with self-reliance, raise self-esteem and a positive self-concept.
The Labour Market Group (LMG) is one of 26 workforce planning boards across Ontario funded by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development. Servicing Nipissing and Parry Sound Districts, we engage various community stakeholders in a consultative and inclusive local labour market planning process.
Our goals include:
- To develop a better understanding of labour market issues and their impacts;
- Generate awareness of existing workforce trends; and
- Increase local capacity for planning, collaboration and partnerships.
As a non-profit, community-based agency, we help individuals to get the training, skills and experience to achieve their goals.
If you are looking for a job, career change, would like to work in the trades, need education or training, or if you are an employer looking to hire, we are here to help.
Agilec has been helping people and organizations across Ontario for over 30 years. Their locations offer a full range of services including; business professional services, vocational rehabilitation, and employment government services. Each designed to help you adapt to change, move forward and succeed.
Sustainable New Agri-Food Products & Productivity Program (SNAPP)Ciara Stead2020-04-30T10:51:58-04:00 Northern Ontario Women Program (NOW)Ciara Stead2020-04-30T10:51:31-04:00